Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment: Re:50MB = 750$ (Score 1) 321

by Nikker (#47176537) Attached to: AT&T Charges $750 For One Minute of International Data Roaming
Apparently the law says you cannot be billed more than a certain amount for going over your data for the month (I believe the overage amount is $50). So once you meet this threshold the tel-cos just nuke your access and send you a SMS asking you to waive your rights granted by said law. Not sure if this tactic is ongoing or just a month by month waiver but it's just another hollow law that had the loophole built in.

Basically business as usual.

Comment: Re:Red Herring (Score 1) 115

by Nikker (#46964559) Attached to: How Free-To-Play Is Constricting Mobile Games
Just because currently 3% of people pay money for this particular gaming template doesn't mean none of the remaining 97% will never pay for anything. You are looking for a plate at a table that is getting smaller, quicker. The games that have attracted the payments of those 3% have been basically created, soliciting the remainder is the latest and greatest.

Comment: Re:OMFG compile! (Score 4, Informative) 113

by Nikker (#46820829) Attached to: WRT54G Successor Falls Flat On Promises
From the mailing list:

The firmware can be built with what we have provided, and will run on
> the WRT1900AC successfully. It is true that it would lack wireless
> support, but that would not stop the firmware from actually working. We
> are actively working on the package to support the wireless hardware,
> this will not be overlooked.

So basically they are saying since the firmware they are providing will compile (even though it doesn't contain any wireless support) is still a firmware so they are technically holding up on their end of the bargain. This is just really obtuse.

So nerd or not there is no amount of compiling that will actually make this WIFI router actually connect any WIFI devices.

Comment: Re:Im all for human rights... (Score 1) 1482

by Nikker (#46635543) Attached to: OKCupid Warns Off Mozilla Firefox Users Over Gay Rights
Why not? If I start a campaign saying everyone should do %X then why should I not be able to? In reality most people have a common set of beliefs, whether it be about sex, violence or rock and roll. If someone starts a fund or other wise attempts to gather people into a strict belief more times than not they just come to the sad realization they are doing this because of their own short comings. Look at Westboro Baptist Church, they have fewer than 100 members, with all the media they get they should get more right? No! Because they are nut jobs, out of 9 Billion people only 100 show up and put something in the collection plate.

Sometimes people try to justify themselves by influencing those around them, when that is not enough they usually just huddle up with the few that have similar issues and recluse themselves. Now with all the government surveillance the chances of one of these groups coming back and messing it up for the rest of us isn't likely, they just go pound sand.

My belief is just that people with similar delusions will eventually find each other so let them, it's likely therapeutic.

Whatever is not nailed down is mine. Whatever I can pry up is not nailed down. -- Collis P. Huntingdon, railroad tycoon

Working...