- --It breaks up your attention span into one hour chunks
- --It wastes heaps of money
- --It supports the douchebags who make it and sell it
- --It stinks up everything in your life
- --It signals others that you're not in control of your own person
The internet is no place for advertising.
I take it then that you are a subscriber to Slashdot --- and to every other site that you visit on a regular basis.
Sort of. Slashdot allows users to optionally disable advertising if their non-monetary contributions are awesome enough-- which mine are I guess. I assume that there are no ads to block, but I wouldn't know because the ads are blocked anyways. A belt-and-suspenders solution.
Quanta's quality problems are even more dire when you see that they manufacture about one third of the world's laptop system boards.
Hopefully they can consistently make a system board that will last for more than 2 years.
Theory is gray, but the golden tree of life is green. -- Goethe