Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
On the positive side:
2. Nifty tabs next to each search result.
3. Image search reads a lot better on a larger monitor then the limits set by Google's image search.
On the negative side:
1. Heavy reliance on domain names for keywords.
2. Heavy reliance on backlinks causing relevancy issues.
3. I've seen websites that had two sets of title metas and descriptions on the main index page. That code should not be tolerated. In my opinion, Bing is not checking for well-formed code.
4. Bing recommends absolute URLs which can make updating a website difficult as well as potentially causing a drop in ranking for other websites.
5. Little to no reliance on domain age.
6. Less reliance on human edited directories such as DMOZ (which in some ways, may be a positive thing.
Bing really has to work on the relevancy issues. In my opinion, it's just serving up stuff like a loose canon at the moment.
p.s. - I just tried using the built-in accelerometer in my Dell 24" WFP. It hurt my wrists after a few minutes of twisting and turning. I suppose I should wait 5 years before purchasing a paper-thin OLED Sony Bravia as well...