I can't say I'm surprised that neither the OP nor any editor did any actual research before making such a claim, though. This is slashdot, after all.
A better statement could have been, "a technician mistakenly entered commands that resulted in the system failure," if that is what happened. Then there's no room for you or me to reach any conclusions, because they told us what really happened.
- - Our users are too stupid to understand the real cause
- - We're too stupid to understand the real cause
- - Our employees can't be trusted to truthfully recount the events of an incident to their management
- - Our systems are so fragile that an actual errant touch brings down the whole operation
- - We've discovered an issue so severe that we're afraid to tell our users / the world what it is, lest it be exploited
That's the problem with vague, imprecise explanations. They leave room for interpretation.
What's a GNAA troll?
You really don't know? You posted AC so I can't see your user number.. I presume it has a great many digits.
Kids these days...