Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!


Forgot your password?

Comment groove "back" for email? (Score 2) 184

They never understood email. And the article is mostly about streamlining the UI (Which was enormously cluttered; which idiot had the idea you need to have html mark-up in emails anyway? No wonder...)

Subsequent innovations, like the recent change to use MAPI over HTTP as the default connectivity protocol
Yes, that explains everything. They still don't understand email.

Comment Re:more guns needed (Score 1) 1134

You actually might be right there. BUT what helps against mass shooting incidents will have some consequences otherwise, namely more dead by accident, people shooting their whole family and then themselves, more handguns going into the hands of criminals and so on.

And importantly: Most of the people shot in the USA are shot with handguns, not long guns. (And incidentally, international data supports that. In other countries with a huge proliferation of guns usually it means "long guns", and they consistently have factor 10 less people killed with firearms, per capita. They do have mass shootings, done with long guns, though).

Comment Bogus (Score 1) 354

I was that 15 year old in front of DOS and Windows 3.1. And when Windows 95 came, I decided it was exactly the same shit all over again and switched to Linux.

Comment Re: Treason - Peace on (Score 1) 111

The fun thing about this, is that the German Verfassungsschutz might well be the one that really is commiting treason, by ignoring the Verfassung (the Constitution) it is sworn to protect, and by spying illegally on German citizens. However, given the definition of treason in the German Verfassung, which might require foreign involvement, maybe not.

But then, the German Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND, same as the CIA in the USA), DID spy on German people and DID deliver the information to the NSA. Which quite clearly is treason. And the Verfassungsschutz doesn't want to investigate, which could be constructed as collusion to treason.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.