google needs to be reigned in and bought to heel on issues where it's power is too complete
i'm glad someone is doing it. i don't really care if microsoft is along for the ride or not, and it doesn't really matter
Why? I'm being serious here. What's the justification for reigning in google? In Microsoft's case it's obvious how much karma is has burned through and why it needed to be reigned in . Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C....
But what has Google done that was so bad it needs similar treatment? Has it forced anyone to use GoogleOS? Has it forced anyone to use only its browser? Has it forced anyone to use proprietary formats that are patent encumbered and cannot be fully implemented by anyone else? What has it done?
From where I sit all I see is a company that has provided me:
- An awesome search engine that doesn't mess with me with some lame "best viewed with our lame web browser" message.
- An awesome maps engine that makes navigation so much easier.
- A cloud print environment to make it way easy to print to any printer that's cloud print capable and that I have permission to use.
- A free e-mail service whose spam filter is so good, I have only received 1 spam message in the past 10 years.
- An easy way to share documents using a FOSS document format.
- A FOSS operating system for both tablets and phones that does what I need it to do.
- A Linux based laptop that's so easy to use to browse the internet and at the same I can run my Debian or Ubuntu on it using a chroot if I want. No funkytown licenses. No funkytown registrations. No obnoxious "protect your computer from boogie monster viruses, install/update/stick with our crapware!!!" pop up ads.
So I'm honestly asking again, what exactly has Google done that was so bad? Who has been hurt by its actions?