When a technical person who isn’t familiar with patent law reads a patent they often come away with a misunderstanding of what the patent actually covers – usually thinking that it is much broader than it actually is. This gives the impression that the patent covers things it doesn’t, and then leads to the impression that it is overly broad, obvious and shouldn’t have been granted.
My impression that a patent is overly broad does not stem from a misunderstanding from reading the patent. It comes from the overly broad litigation tactics wielded by the patent holder.
- Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Higgs Boson Particle.
- Caution: Higgs Boson Particle may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.
- Higgs Boson Particle should not be weighed, measured, or otherwise looked at or it will cease to exist.
- Do not use Higgs Boson Particle on concrete.
- Discontinue use of Higgs Boson Particle if any of the following occurs: itching, vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, loss of balance or coordination, slurred speech, temporary blindness, profuse sweating,heart palpitations.
- If Higgs Boson Particle begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
- Higgs Boson Particle may stick to certain types of skin.
- When not in use, Higgs Boson Particle should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of Higgs Boson Particle, Large Hadron Collider, and its parent company, CERN, of any and all liability.
- Ingredients of Higgs Boson Particle include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.
- Higgs Boson Particle has been shipped to our troops in Afghanistan and is also being dropped by our warplanes on North Korea.
- Do not taunt Higgs Boson Particle.
- Higgs Boson Particle comes with a lifetime guarantee.
A new driver does not add 2 days to delivery. If it's on the truck for delivery it will be dropped off that day. I've never had a package that was marked as out for delivery on the tracking site not arrive that day. I've had them come late in the day (after 6 pm) but never the next day.
If there was a delay, it occurred before arrival at your local distribution center.
Goodwill is in partnership with Dell to recycle old computer equipment: http://dell.com/reconnect. I've donated both working and non-working machines. They'll resell working machines if they can or recycle them.
Perhaps I phrased that wrong. By "inside" I mean behind the quarter panel depositing directly on top the wheel well. Not to the "outside" of the car.
Planned obsolescence. My dad was restoring a '67 GTO and discovered rubber tubes that ran from the molding above the windows to inside the rear wheel wells. Specifically designed to channel water and cause it to rust prematurely.
But then a NPE could enlist a more shady company as a "member" (think SCO) and make the same argument.
This is what I would have done in the same situation (and I have). I agree though, given the competence of this "agent", she probably wouldn't have accepted that either even though that is also perfectly legal and the correct thing to do.
Do you know what discrimination actually means
Yes genius, do you?
To discriminate is to distinguish, in this case people or groups of people, by discerning or exposing differences among those groups. Discrimination is not defined solely by the negative connotation usually associated with it.
So, yes targeting ads for baby formula to a customer in their 20s is discriminating. It is deliberate, purposeful and accepted.
Targeted ads are by definition discriminating.
It's not that cut and dry. They don't necessarily hate their parents (though they might "think" they do). Teenagers are self-centered, rebellious assholes. I know, I was one of them. I "hated" my parents. They wouldn't let me run out till all hours of the night. They didn't buy me the latest Judas Priest album as soon as it was released. They didn't satisfy my every want and desire. They made me work for it and earn them on my own. I had to earn my "stuff" by getting a job and buying them. I had to earn my freedoms by showing some responsibility.
I rebelled. I snuck out of the house at night. I stole money from them. I got in trouble with the law. I did some pretty stupid shit and I learned the hard lessons that my parents were trying to teach me to avoid. But there were no punishments my parents could impose that would make me not be such an asshole.
In the case of these teens, sometimes there is no lesson or punishment the parents can impose that will have the same effect as exposure to the system. They are already rebellious and showing contempt for their parents. They've already surpassed the point where any punishment the parents can legally impose will have any effect. At least with juvenile courts they can see the seriousness of their actions without having a lasting record into their adult life. (I can't say the same for me.)
I'm grown now and in my 40s with my own kids. I've realized what an asshole I was and have apologized profusely to my parents for putting them through all that. I realize why they had the rules in place and I know why no punishment they could impose would keep me from breaking them. I had to learn the hard way. I love my parents dearly and I can only hope that I am as good (and patient) a parent as they were.
Not to mention illegal and will result in juvenile detention. Plus, I don't think I'd want to trust a few self-centered teenagers with their own agenda to make that decision for me.
I'm not sure I'd trust a couple teenagers (who are also not doctors) seeking to satisfy their own self centered agenda to take the time to measure and administer the proper dosage.
What they did was reckless and dangerous and could have resulted in serious injury or death.
Serious actions have serious consequences. This is not something where putting them in timeout will really have much of an effect.