Just install Linux.
Just install Linux.
You forgot "and get iff my lawn!"
You're not on my lawn because my older car is on my lawn, on blocks.
Now get off my car!
I have a 10 year old Honda Civic, base model, power nothing. I really am not looking forward to buying a new car as it seems they all have some Smart (TM) enabled tracking computerized bullshit that does nothing to enhance driving safety or performance, it just adds more shiny stuff to the sticker price.
I need a reliable set of wheels. Period. It has been my experience that adding computers to things does not make my life any simpler or easier, it simply adds a new layer of headaches.
Please, everyone, fuck off with the IoT shill - some of us don't want it or need it.
We'll have robots that live up to the hype just as soon as we have wives that live up to the hype.
The first one that makes me a sandwich wins.
My, isn't my karma burning nicely...
"Our hypothesis is that when you open a Private Browsing window in Firefox you're sending a signal that you want more control over your privacy than current private browsing experiences actually provide."
Gee, you think? Call MENSA...this guy is a freakin' genius!
This ain't gonna happen, because advertisers. If Firefox could be made untrackable advertisers would do everything to make the internet unviewable to Firefox users.
They had to crank out a lot of these in short order.
Good, Cheap, Fast; Pick 2 comes into play here, with the selections biased toward 'Cheap' and 'Fast'. They settled for OK instead of 'Good'.
The ad industry doesn't even care of advertising is effective or not. The people buying the ads are going to wake up and realize it's not worth the cost. Then the people trying to make a living with cheap ass youtube videos are going to have to update their resumes.
No, they won't, because they believe that the money they are shoveling out for advertising lets them keep the business they have. They are mortally terrified that if they stop advertising sales will go to zero in short order and they will never ever get new customers.
Advertisers are parasites that feed on newborn companies. They live by selling FUD to companies. Here is their life cycle:
1. Company starts, engages (gets parasitised by) advertising. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
2. Small company grows to big company. Advertisers claim it is due to their advertising, of course.
3. Company sales growth slows, advertisers suggest MOAR ADS! Company shells out accordingly.
4. Company sales flatline, advertisers suggest EVEN MOAR ADS! Company shells out accordingly, but with worried looks to their books
5. Smart company exec asks what advertising is actually doing for sales; advertisers claim they would be nowhere without advertising and to cut advertising would destroy the company.
6. Smart company exec is fired for their heresy, company continues to pay advertisers.
7. Before company tanks, advertisers point to the success of the company, suckers more new companies (hosts), starting back at 1.
While Marlin Perkins sits back in his Mutual of Omaha office, Jim Fowler is out in the helicopter shooting herds of Finns with tranquillizer darts and tagging them with chips after they collapse.
Way to treat people like animals. Why don't we just tattoo them, and make them wear armbands? Oh wait...
Of course you can't flap your arms and fly to the moon. After a while you'd run out of air to push against.