Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment Re:Could someone please explain (Score 1) 151

What about ocean exploration? Roughly more than 90% is unexplored. There are many yet undiscovered organisms in our oceans here. Ones that may hold the key to fighting disease or used to find a way to cut our dependence on fossil fuels. The lunar landings are a modern testament to mans advancements and we should take pride in that. Going back seems at this point seems a bit over the top. Why waste resources that could be put to benefit all mankind? Instead of Remote controlled cars on other moons and planets, why not send remote controlled submersibles to retrieve the undiscovered life that still remains on our planet?

Comment Re:Just about any Dual core and up. (Score 1) 272

I run about 3-4 different VM's on a dual core with 4 gigs of ram on any given day. Overclocking is a great way to get more for your money. Of course your mileage may vary. -- A good Gigabyte board some G.Skill ram, hardy PSU, a hefty sized heatsink and a case with open airflow and your set. The e6750 (stock 2.66) was able to do 3.3 without breaking a sweat. I did some research in overclocking forums and simply put together the same system others had with experience. -- This was a year ago, but am happy to say the system has been working great. Not sure about what the best price for overclocking hardware is today, but it may be something to check into if you are looking to get faster performance for less money.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...