I mean seriously. There is no down side to going from not hearing to hearing except for having to listen to contemporary "music".
How is this horse shit actually modded up?
If you want to know what is killing Deaf culture, look no further than everyone who can hear and refuses to make any accommodations for us Deaf. So we run in droves to get CI (I just got mine 6 weeks ago) so that we don't become isolated and unemployable!
The standard list of ways we "oppress" hearing people with our "special needs":
1. Captions are so annoying. Who cares if we can't understand movies/tv/youtube/netflix as long as YOU don't have to be annoyed
2. People that know I'm Deaf still call me on the phone. are... you... fucking... stupid?
3. People that know I'm Deaf will walk over to my desk and talk to me, in an office where everyone is on company IM server all day long. are... you... that... stupid?
4. I'm going to guess that 95% of americans know the phrase No Habla Ingles. Maybe 10% know the sign for Deaf
5. I talk fine, but if I answer someone verbally, they assume I can hear them speak even though I said I'm Deaf. is it really possible to be this stupid???