Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
This is really not very impressive.
The energy that is lost goes into the cooling system and out the exhaust. Unless they are recapturing that heat they are claiming to get more energy out of burning gasoline then we currently get out of burning gasoline. BTUs are BTUs, and there are only so many of them in gasoline. You can't heat it and burn some of the BTUs to increase the number of BTUs it has when burnt.
The all time record is 50%, and that is a huge 103rpm diesel engine.
This concept has been done over and over again and made people a lot of money, while giving absolutely zero improvement. It's a fake.
This just in: Presidents lie!
1. Patent 5,802,465: Data transmission in a radio telephone network.
2. Patent 5,862,178: Method and apparatus for speech transmission in a mobile communications system.
3. Patent 5,946,651: Speech synthesizer employing post-processing for enhancing the quality of the synthesized speech.
4. Patent 6,359,904: Data transfer in a mobile telephone network.
5. Patent 6,694,135: Measurement report transmission in a telecommunications system.
6. Patent 6,775,548: Access channel for reduced access delay in a telecommunications system.
7. Patent 6,882,727: Method of ciphering data transmission in a radio system.
8. Patent 7,009,940: Integrity check in a communication system.
9. Patent 7,092,672: Reporting cell measurement results in a cellular communication system.
10. Patent 7,403,621: System for ensuring encrypted communication after handover
Gee, I guess those folks at Nokia are really feeling the profit squeeze resulting from customers shifting to iPhones and Blackberries, and the recession on top of it!"
Link to Original Source