I went to a Howard Dean for president meet-up last night it was the first time in a very long time that I felt like I was doing something positive.
I am going to support Howard Dean because:
- Howard Dean opposed the Bush administration on the Iraq war.
- He chided the president for labeling the University of Michigan's affirmative action program a "quota" system.
- Even though Vermonters (his state) were sharply divided over a bill granting civil union status to homosexuals, Gov. Dean signed it into law.
- He also expanded Vermont's Medicaid program so that every child in the state now has medical insurance.
- Despite being branded ultra-liberal, he balanced the state budget.
- And he earned a good rating from the National Rifle Association, even though he supports some forms of gun control.
I wrote 3 letters to Iowan's by hand no less I have not spent so much time holding an ink since