Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook


Forgot your password?
Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. ×
User Journal

Journal Journal: Business Bootstrap 2

IDEA - Non-profit Business Association

Purpose - To establish, through monthly dues, a base of capital for investment into new ventures, improving the economy, advancing employment, etc...

Discussion: If a group of 100,000 joes pool their money, via small monthly dues, about $1,000,000 per month will be available to invest into members' ideas. The association will be non-profit, using only 1% of the fees for overhead and salaries.

Basic Rules

  1. The association is strictly non-profit and the salaries and expenses will be limited to 1% of the monthly income.
  2. Membership is $10.00 per month.
  3. Minimum membership level before activation is 100,000 members.
  4. Until activation, 99% of all funds go into escrow. The remaining 1% is for salaries and expenses.
  5. If activation is not reached within two years, all dues are refunded at a rate of $9.00 per month.
  6. If dues are reimbursed, any remaining capital, after expenses, will be donated to charity.
  7. Investments will be available to members only.
  8. Maximum investment per business plan will be $1 million dollars.
  9. The association will retain a 20% stake in the company.
  10. Stock buyback will not kick in until 3 positive dividend cycles have completed.
  11. Stock buyback will be at a 3 to 1 ratio. (i.e. $1 million investment is paid off with $3 million plus 3 rounds of dividends.)
  12. All dividend payments and stock buybacks go directly into the investment pool.
  13. Business plans will be submitted by members and made open for discussion and advice.
  14. Members may not âoeborrowâ from other members' ideas without permission.
  15. Ideas have first-claim status on a first filed, first served basis.
  16. Members agree to a binding static NDA for all posted ideas.
  17. Member ideas that are preexisting but not first-claim (to be determined by a claim committee) have the right to pursue the idea outside of the association.
  18. Business plans will be voted on by members and the highest-voted plan will be funded.
  19. As finances increase, voting rounds will increase in frequency.
  20. Once the investment pool is large enough, members may vote on adding professional services or larger individual investment caps
  21. Member forums and talent pools will be built to improve the employment rate for members not yet funded.
  22. No adult-oriented or illegal plan will be allowed.

Post your comments below!

Slashdot Top Deals

CChheecckk yyoouurr dduupplleexx sswwiittcchh..