Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter


Forgot your password?
Slashdot Deals: Deal of the Day - Pay What You Want for the Learn to Code Bundle, includes AngularJS, Python, HTML5, Ruby, and more. ×
User Journal

Journal Journal: Slashdot fan

Hey, I've just noticed that I have a fan! This is great! I feel incredibly flattered...

Yes, with the slashdot system, some of the cooler users have dozens of fans and friends. But it all has to start from somewhere, and what an exciting start for me.

So what is it that makes me so attractive? It can't be my good looks because this is an Internet forum. Perhaps it was my gutsy sig that I just removed...? (Why?! Why?! Just as I was becoming cool...)

It can't be my sense of humour.... so perhaps it's my pragmatism. This is the feature that I value most highly.

Well that and a healthy devotion to sparkles and glitter!

User Journal

Journal Journal: Slashdot .sig

Recently I noticed some commentary in a slashdot journal about a controversial sig causing comments to be modded down. Since I've had my controversial sig, I've had months-old 5s modded way down.

Oddly enough, although my comment may have originally been insightful, when put in the context of a controversial sig, it became too threatening for the moderators looking through old threads.

My new comments are also likely to be skipped over with my controversial sig.

Well, I'm going along with it. I thought a slashdot sig was a good place to start changing the world, but I guess this just proves the truth of a quote I recently found: "98% of the population is asleep. The other 2% are staring around in complete amazement, abject terror, or both."

Well, my new sig tells you what I think of all this: "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -- George Bernard Shaw

And don't you forget it!

The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity. -- Harlan Ellison