Memorable lines from The Martian:
- Science the shit out of this.
- Remember that astronaut
- Mark Watney, Space Pirate.
- Mars will come to fear my botany powers.
- if you didn't want me to go through your stuff, you shouldn't have left me for dead on a desolate planet.
- I admit it's dangerous, but I'd get to fly around like Iron Man.
- Once you grow crops somewhere, you have officially colonized it. So, I've technically colonized Mars. In your face, Neil Armstrong!
- and I had to look this one up to get it all: "By the way, physicists, when describing things like acceleration do not use the word "fast". So they're only doing that in the hopes that I won't raise any objections to this lunacy, because I like the way "fastest man in the history of space travel" sounds. I do like the way it sounds... I mean, I like it a lot.... I'm not going to tell them that."
Great SF, near-future, heavy on triumph of humanity working together and science over superstitious antiscientific woo-woo.