Follow Slashdot blog updates by subscribing to our blog RSS feed

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
DEAL: For $25 - Add A Second Phone Number To Your Smartphone for life! Use promo code SLASHDOT25. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 Internet speed test! ×
Media

Submission + - Vivendi has veto power over Comcast/NBC (latimes.com)

dhall writes: According to the LA Times and New York Times, Vivendi's minority share of ownership still has significant say in the deal. Vivendi owns 20% stake of NBC Universal. There is an obscure clause within its contract with GE (which owns the other 80% of NBC) that gives them veto power on any change of control. Under the terms of that contract, Vivendi has an annual right to sell, either through IPO or being bought out by G.E. The yearly window is from November 15 through the Friday of the first full week of December.

Slashdot Top Deals

Pohl's law: Nothing is so good that somebody, somewhere, will not hate it.

Working...