Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! No Flash necessary and runs on all devices. ×
Technology

Submission + - SPAM: E-Cigarette explodes in man's mouth!

alphacharliezero writes: "CBS news is reporting that a man in Alabama has been hospitalized because an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth. Apparently he was sucking on it when the lithium battery inside exploded shooting out the end of the device and lighting the man and room on fire.

From the Article-
"The best analogy is like it was trying to hold a bottle rocket in your mouth when it went off," said Joseph Parker, division chief for the North Bay Fire Department. "The battery flew out of the tube and set the closet on fire."

So much for a 'safe' alternative to smoking..."

Link to Original Source

Submission + - SPAM: E-cigarette explodes in man'a mouth!

alphacharliezero writes: "CBS news is reporting that an e-cigarette exploded in a man's mouth when the Lithium battery failed.

From the article-
"The best analogy is like it was trying to hold a bottle rocket in your mouth when it went off," said Joseph Parker, division chief for the North Bay Fire Department. "The battery flew out of the tube and set the closet on fire."

So much for a 'safer' alternative to smoking..."

Link to Original Source

Slashdot Top Deals

After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.

Working...