MS can't even try to do something right without slashdot bitching about it.
To paraphrase a post I made (which will get modslapped momentarily):
- MS gets railed on for making a faulty product
- MS gets railed on for not doing anything about said product
- MS gets railed on for attempting to fix said product
- MS gets railed on for providing a quick patch (read: curing the symptoms), while the full patch (read: curing the illness) is being worked on
- MS gets railed on for products that either no one (in the audience) has tried, or no one has tried for years.
Now, I thought at first that people had some good points on hammering on Microsoft, but this story tells me that they're out for MS no matter how they can get it. And the community? Well, about 90%-95% of them follow suit without even thinking!
My true belief... *IF* Microsoft FREELY RELEASED (BSD license) all its products (including source), and the open source community fixed everything, the slashdot community would stay with Linux and continue to rail on the products.
One of two words (I think you know what it is):