OK, I've thought out of a buncha strategies, including the one I'm stuck in...
- Offensive Extreme: Ignore all money you earn from your troops. This is 'dead money.' You'll lose it all on attacks, meaning the 'in the middle of the night' when you gain a buncha money because of inactivity, it'll get taken because of a lack of D. Everything you earn comes from attacking the hell outta people, and everything is spent on offensive weapons. Every one of your troops should be armed, and when that happens, you start upgrading the weapons and siege abilities.
Requires: Small army, crapload of attack turns.
- Defensive Extreme: Never attack. Simply put. All your money is earned from the amount of your troops, so a premier strategy is getting a lot of troops, cause more troops means more money generated per round (tons of officers, and tons of people clicking your link, and upgrading unit production). Everything is spent in D. You should be able to make it through the night without being pillaged, so use the overnight earnings to upgrade fortifications and buying supreme equipment. When you are happy with the amount of defense you have (being impenetrable), start working on siege abilities, and once you have that up high, work on getting weapons, and attacking people.
Requires: An absolute ton of troops with a solid group of 'daily clickers'. A complete lack of offense and spies (you need to keep your rank low so you can defend the people around your rank).
- Balance: I tried this at first. Rotate back and forth with offense and defense and try to keep stuff even. It works great for a while, but once you start getting away from noobies, and into the ranks of people that know what they are doing, most take one of the two above strategies, so you are screwed. You get pillaged at night by supreme attackers, and those that have money have supreme defenses.
- Shifting: Aka the "mekka strategy." This has a lot of potential. Start off with the D extreme strategy. Build up a massive amount of money and attack turns. Sell all your defense, and pour all the cash into offense. Go completely ballistic (works great if you start off at like 5 or 6am EST), and ravage the hell outta anything that moves. Once you use up all those attack rounds, get rid of all your offense, and rebuild your defense. I'd say you could do your 'ballistic offense' once a week, and maintain a good D for your rank.
Requires: Patience and waking up at the butt-crack of dawn weekly.
- Give it up to the Bank: This is sort of a strategy that works with the others. The idea is that 'targets' are people with a lot of stored up money. If you sit and buy a knife everytime you have over $1k, then you'll always be 'poor' and never be attacked (except the overnight pillages). Buy a shitload of knives, and when you can sell them all and buy something, do so. The problem? You lose a crapload of money (you sell back at a loss). But the thinking is that the money goes to 'the bank', not to another player. Its kinda a chess strategy... if someone gets an advantage, make sure it isn't your opponent. Its a good way to get your fortifications, and it'll help you a little bit when you don't have enough weapons for each one of your troops.
Well, that's the list.
Any strategies you guys have thought of??
Update: Other points I've thought of:
- Attack with only 1 turn. Make sure you can win, then give'm the 15 turn attack next. Will prevent the '15 turn backfiring smackdown.'
- DON'T BUY SPIES! No one uses them, and if you buy them, it'll REALLY propel your covert rank, and you'll be ranked amongst those that will royally be way outta your class and show you what pain and overkill are all about. If you have spies, and need them killed, just spy me, or BA_N (my commander) or BA_N brother (BA_N's commander). Our d is strong enough to catch spies.
- You get more money from people of similar rank than those out of your class. So make sure that if you are a defensive-type that you can defend those around your rank, and don't fear someone who's 'waay' up to steal from you.
- I'll add to this list if I think of more stuff.