I have a book from 1956 with some puzzles in it. So, after scanning in a page, here's three. Nothing major. Plus, one more sequence.
- The Constitution of the United States specifies four requirements for becoming President. The candidate must be at least 35 years of age, must have been born in the United States, and must in this country for at least fourteen years. What is the fourth requirement?
- One tank is half full of gasoline and another is half full of alcohol. A spoonful of gasoline is taken from the first tank and mixed with the alcohol in the second tank. Then a spoonful of the mixture is taken from the second tank and mixed with the gasoline in the first tank. Now, how does the amount of gasoline missing from the first tank compare with the amount of alcohol missing from the second?
- You have an eight-gallon ban full of water and two with capacities of five and three gallons, respectively. How can you get exactly four gallons of the water into the five-gallon can?
- roygbi - Colors of the rainbow: Red Orange Yellow Gren Blue Indigo. Answer: Violet.
- abgdezeti - Greek alphabet: Alpha Beta Gamma Delta Epsilon Zeta Eta Theta Iota. Answer: Kappa.
- gelndjjrskcen - Books in the Bible (order according to the KJV): Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Joshua Judges Ruth Samuel Kings Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah. Answer: Esther
- tccredsdqmcffstsnmmdtrrgnnmmmna - Well known ports: Tcpmux Compressnet Compressnet Rje Echo Discard Systat Daytime Qotd Msp Chargen Ftp-data Ftp Ssh Telnet Smtp Nsw-fe Msg-icp Msg-auth Dsp Time Rap Rlp Graphics Name Nameserver (Nicname) Mpm-flags Mpm Mpm-snd Ni-ftp Auditd Answerr: Tacacs.
- iigistueibnpaexcumdhpxttllr - Assigned Internet protocol numbers: IGMP IGMP GGP IP ST TCP UCL EGP IGP BBN-RCC-MON NVP-II PUP ARGUS EMCON XNET CHAOS UDP MUX DCN-MEAS HMP PRM XNS-IDP TRUNK-1 TRUNK-2 LEAF-1 LEAF-2 RDP. Answer: IRTP.
- poiuytrewqlkjhgfd - Keyboard keys (QWERTY), starting top row backwards: POIUYTREWQLKJHGFD. Answer: S.
Looks like I made a mistake in #3, leaving out an N.