(What follows is somewhat thought out, and mostly in order of importance, even within each list)
What I require:
- Local forwarders (so spam1@, spam2@, and spam3@ are just forwarders for spam@)
- Standard forwarders (send email to any address, and local copy)
- Attachment support up to one MB
- 10 MB local HDD space
What I want:
- Attachment support up to five MB
- 100-200 MB local HDD space
- Per address autoresponders
What I wish for:
- Encrypted email (so they cannot read it, similar to Hushmail)
- 1 GB local HDD space
I don't plan on heavy usage. Just usage for me and family, possibly some friends. Probably just one domain name, though I could see myself adding one or two more in the future. The server space would be so I could use IMAP and leave email there rather than download and save locally.
I'd place reliability above price, so if they've been around for a while, I'd probably pay more, given good reviews.
Ideas and suggestions are welcome.
UPDATE: I am not looking for software, or to handle it myself. I am looking for a reliable company to handle this for me, and I will pay for the service.