- The make you stand next to a barrel full of suspected explosives
- Your xrayed bags are out of your sight and could easily be stolen
- You are asked to remove your shoes and walk across a dirty floor
- If you don't want to walk through their radiation machine, they will stick their hand down your pants
- It is one of the largest concentrations of people in the airport, a dandy target for a terrorist
So yes, I fear for my safety going through the checkpoint. And for what? For no obvious reason. It doesn't make me safer on the other side of the checkpoint. It doesn't keep me safer on the plane. It only makes me feel like a criminal and wastes my time and money.