* If Buddhism is the science of the mind then what does it have to do with
-like physics isn't the science of everything ?
* If Buddhism is the science of the mind then why do psychiatrists and brain
surgeons treat problems with your mind, and not Buddhists?
lol, different classification, that's as bad as asking 'why do psychiatrists
and brain surgeons treat problems with your mind, and not humans?'
* If your brain is an "antenna" to thoughts in space why haven't neurologists,
who have a very good understanding of how the brain works on a low level,
noticed any mechanism for this?
maybe 'the brain' in its entirety is the mechanism!?!
* Why do animals with brains just as large as ours not seem to have thoughts
why do you need a different aerial for your tv than you need for your wifi ?
* Where do these thoughts that permeate space come from? well, everything
vibrates (for lack of a better word), all at different frequencies (natural
frequency http://www.britannica.com/eb/topic-406158/natural- frequency
) - it
could be that we are picking that up, elephants might pick up different things,
just like your tv picks up 'different things' from that of your wifi card
* Why do people with brain injuries in certain parts exhibit similar symptoms?
maybe because the injuries are in similar places?
like if i remove the battery from my tv remote, and you do the same both the
remotes will appear 'broken'
* Why do MRI scans associate neuron activity in different parts of the brain to
different things that the brain does?
cos thats what they are looking for...
* Why are different parts of the brain that are used more or less in certain
animals (e.g. optical processing in bats and hawks) proportionally different
see tv antennae and wifi antennae above...
* Why does electro-shock therapy work?
cos we are made from water and its a good conductor -
* Why do drugs have an effect?
chemistry - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Metabolism
* Can you demonstrate the existence of these thoughts that float around through
yes - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_back ground_radiation