This is my list of issues I had installing Karmik Koala from scratch:
- First time I ran the installer, kernel panic (keyboard leds blinking)
- Totem said I didn't have the codecs to see DVD, but it didn't suggest me to install them nor gave me any info about which codec I needed. Automatic DVD reproduction shows a weird "not handle for URI" error.
- Empathy crashes alot. It doesn't have MSN emoticons, can't sent file drag'n'dropping like Pidgin.
- I hated that non-skinnable GDM from Fedora, now Ubuntu uses it
- I created a second admin account, I cannot log in with it, crashes with "Could not update ICEautority", and a bunch of other messages, showing only the wallpaper and the mouse pointer.
I've just reinstall 9.04, and I keep installing that version until 10.04 shows the light, hopping I'll be better. This version is the "Windows ME" of Ubuntu
Scientists are people who build the Brooklyn Bridge and then buy it. -- William Buckley