1. Getting no less than NINE calls each from different headhunters for a position I already interviewed for, that I waited 6 months for. The interview went horrible.
2. Having a headhunter give me the usual in-person interview, then asking me a week later, "so, any new leads?". I told him that was his job.
3. Seeing a headhunter post a job ad on a local board. Guess what? It was the exact same text from the company's job ad on the first one I mentioned.
4. Daily calls from India for a job to submit me to. Oh I despised them.
5. Having a headhunter NOT submit my resume, but not telling me about it until I asked. Ditched that company after the 3rd employee from that place called me.
A headhunter is often a middleman where it is often un-needed. I would rather apply directly & keep them out of the hoops. Sadly, monster.com and friends have TONS of job ads..all made by consulting firms, with the relevant data(ie company you would be working for) left out. What do you expect when there are 10 headhunters to ONE job?