So all he's doing is a boring experiment and live-blogging it?
Sure, that kind of link-bait would have been fine back in 2002 when "blogs" were all cool.
If Slahdot's standards hadn't dropped so much recently he would have had to do the following things to get on the front page:
1. Print the rats with a a 3D printer.
2. Put the rats ON A DRONE.
3. Use the rat-drone to uncover a secret NSA program that has already produced the stem cells to INVADE OUR PRIVACY.
4. Prove that stem cells create global warming.
5. Write a lengthy academic paper that has nothing whatsoever to do with points 1-4 but instead states.. without coming to a firm conclusion.. that Christians* are inferior forms of life because jargon.
* But not muslims, because even though we talk the big talk we're really a bunch of sniveling cowards. Hey, tomorrow is Sharia tuesday!