Revenue Q2 2009: $10,623m
Profit YTD 2008: $1,400m
Profit YTD 2009: $762m
Yeah... If I was Michael Dell, I'd be working to sell the idea that Windows 7 is going to make you love a PC too. Especially if you bought a lot of other expensive shit.
I use it on 8 and 12 systems, under constantly high load, and haven't experienced instability.
Not saying it doesn't exist, but this is the first I've even heard of such a problem.
For the cell phone, maybe they're concerned about China pushing out OTA firmware upgrades?
I just wish Apple would sell a desktop keyboard with a multi-touch pad attached to it.
I really like it on the laptop, but then I switch to my desk, and... nada.
Before I got an iPhone, I had a GSM BlackBerry 8800 on T-Mobile. The experiences were not similar.
BlackBerry -- I use a third party sync software that does a really mediocre job of syncing contacts from my address book to my phone and back. It routinely creates double-entries of existing contacts. It's so bad at merging information that I have to use it as a one-way sync, either going only from phone to computer, or only computer to phone. When I try to do both ways at once, it constantly munges things.
iPhone -- I add or update somebody's phone or email address to my address book, and within a few minutes that contact is synced into my phone, over the air. If I do it on the phone, my address book on my computer syncs within a few minutes as well. It's all seamless.
BlackBerry Media Player -- LOL horrible.... just completely and totally horrible. Sync was a pain in the ass. The usability bad, but the battery life was complete shit if I tried to use it for a day.
iPhone Media Player -- Works pretty well. Sync is easy. Menus are easy. I can listen to music all day, and not run out of battery.
It's a feature, not a bug.
You carry an iPhone, and you drive away bigoted retards who judge people on pathetically stupid stereotypes.
On top of reliability, I vote for pointless complexity.
Just because something *can* be configurable doesn't mean it must be. In most cases I'd be happier with some reasonable defaults.
Also, if you have lots of esoteric features that are meant for 5% of your users, please design your user interface accordingly, so that the other 95% of us can easily ignore that functionality.
I have a glass desk. It'd be nice to be able to mouse on it directly.
I've never used them for banking.. BUT for insurance.. they are by far the best i've ever seen
I've had pretty much every possible kind of account with USAA, and they're completely top notch.
I just tried out the updated app, and the Deposit@Mobile feature worked perfectly. I'm a fan.
Had you read their research, you'd know that they tested this, and found it was not the case.
Sadly, it's a lot easier to post snarky comments than it is to do the 3 minutes of research required to determine that the snarky know-it-all was, in fact, wrong.
Zones are like jails... if jails had something resembling resource management.
If you want to do *exactly this* for the rest of your life, say no.
But if you're like most entrepreneurs I know, that's not the case. It's likely that you could take the money, and pursue a new idea, developing another company, new employees, etc... and having some extra money in the bank will make all that a LOT easier.
As somebody who has done a few startups now, I can assure you that money matters. Because more money means you can chase bigger ideas with less pressure.
I really like this idea.
I'd like it even more if they included a wind-down clause in which the city agreed to sell the network if a carefully designed measure of efficiency and reliability stopped being met. This way if private firms demonstrated that they had become superior to the city, there would be an automatic end of the government's venture.
Nonsense. Mistakes can happen on the other 364 days, but on April 1st they are all purposeful pranks!
> "That's great, but why don't they make it affordable for me?"
$50k is pretty damned affordable. I mean, it's not dirt cheap, but the roads are full of cars and trucks that cost that much and aren't nearly as innovative.
This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough hunchbacks.