With most merchant accounts offering 99% approval rates, if your company falls in the other 1%, it probably can't accept cards anyway (due to the type of business or other factors, or you're just plain shady). I feel bad for the people defrauded by the merchants who used this processor.:(
mind21_98 writes: "With the closure of Web hosts on a daily basis, and the high-profile closure of jatol.com, many people are left stranded without Web sites. This doesn't have to happen! I wrote up a series of rules that all legitimate companies that provide Web hosting services should support and follow. Together, we can make sure that no person is ever held hostage by their Web host again."
I recently started a Web hosting/software business. As a ten-year veteran of the Internet, I've watched it change everything about our world. But there are some people that are unable to take advantage of the potential for social change. Enter The Social Causes Project. Basically, I'm offering reduced-cost (or even free) hosting and help to deserving causes who cannot take advantage of
CDPatten writes: The internet is
speculation that Steve Jobs may step down over reports that he profited $7.5
million in stock options by falsifying an executive board meeting. The financial
times has a good
overview of the unfolding story.
From the Article:
"Steve Jobs, chief executive of Apple Computer, was handed
7.5m stock options in 2001 without the required authorization from the company's
board of directors, according to people familiar with the matter.
Records that purported to show a full board meeting had
taken place to approve Mr Jobs' remuneration, as required by Apple's procedures,
were later falsified. These are now among the pieces of evidence being weighed
by the Securities and Exchange Commission as it decides whether to pursue a case
against the company or any individuals over the affair, according to these