SCOTUS can justify overturning the DC handgun ban without citing precedence or any case law
I don't give two shits whether you ban firearms, I don't and never will own any, but the the only body not providing citations is yours.
- The Constitution of the United States
They reference previous case law as not counter indicating:
- United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U. S. 542, 553
- Presser v. Illinois, 116 U. S. 252, 264-265
- United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174
The held points:
1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited.
3. The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment.
This issue is cut and dry. Our right to keep and bear arms is protected by the 2nd Amendment to the constitution. There are limits to this right, but you can't just ban handguns cause you think they are dangerous. Sorry. If you don't like it, you need enough votes to amend the constitution.
Oh wait, wrong article....
...that no one has made any boring, unoriginal, or redundant Unobtainium jokes about this article.
Do you even read your own shit? So your argument is:
1. Stupid scared 18 year old conscripted kids act like assholes while engaged in a prolonged cold and hot war with an enemy who's stated goal is to wipe them off the map. I have a link to prove it !!!
2. Government fails to act strongly against it's own citizenry while said citizenry are acting in their own best interest, and the interest of said government. Everyone knows the settlements are bad !!!!
3. Israel would never get away with oppressing the American Indian. Unrelated atrocities make my argument better !!!
4. Israel, as a nation, places no value on the life of an Arab, or a Moslem. QED.
Do you realize how stupid you sound?
If Moslems and/or Arabs DID value the lives of Israelis, they could have reached some kind of a compromise years ago, and found peace.
I am not an eye doctor.
I did have the lasik procedure done and the results are spectacular. There are other options now as well, some sort of insert a contact lens object in the eye thingy and improvements in lasik / prk procedures.
Do your research. Pick a reputable clinic. Force your self to read the horror stories, they are out there. Make sure you meet your doctor right before the procedure. Make him tell him your name and show him your chart and the settings they are going to punch into the machine. Verify they are your readings from your pre-screenings. There are documented incidents where they just put the wrong settings into the laser doohickey machine and carved a persons eyes into the opposite direction.
The most important thing to set your expectations is to understand that your vision is going to change. Mostly for the better. Slightly for the odd.
With lasik, there are documented effects like halo'ing, light sensitivity, eye dryness, and more. PRK has a slightly different set of side effects, some you may notice or not.
Even taking into account the flaws, it was the best money I ever spent in my life. Recommended highly.
We can cure that out of you in a mere 20 weeks!
But is it ethical? Who knows...
Would you like to have that awful European spelling of color cured out of you? We can do it in a mere 20 weeks!
Get the fuck out.
Like the GP Alex Belits, I have also lived in Eastern Europe and Russia when my work required me to.
Anecdotal Evidence, Appeal to Authority
It's true that US is trying to get the culture and influence around in those countries and I do not like it. I think every country should be able to practice their own historical culture without fucking Americans affecting it.
Burden of Proof, Appeal to Spite, Questionable Cause, Confusing Cause and Effect, Appeal to Tradition
And I am from a country that has highly changed it's ways to US standards. It's bullshit, let me say that. Or is having 200kg women fed by McDonalds a good way?
Biased Sample, Hasty Generalization, Fallacy of Presupposition
Well then, I was too harsh.
I get this way every time I see some biased crap ( from either side ). It enrages me. It's how the system maintains itself, by polarizing as you said, the constituents.
As long as we have one side or the other to rail against, we feel like we have real political power, and the politicians go right on doing as they like.
If i wasn't so lazy and fat, i might get off my ass and do something. Instead, I will contribute to the problem by polarizing this slashdot thread by saying: Nazis are Fascists. Oh Snap.
Yeah Yeah Yeah.
This seems like an unbiased accurate summary of how the bill got passed.
I tell you what though...
When Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell are sitting in their Georgetown social club sipping 30 year old brandy, they are yucking it up about idiots like you think there's a difference between them, or that you still actually believe one damn word they say.
Actually, cancel that. They don't give a half a shit between them.
They just need to do what video card manufacturers do to thwart your little test Mr. Man. Cheat in the translation code to recognize your test, and just regurgitate your original text.
Then how would you choose the best translation software to buy???? Oh... it's free?
Looks to me like HDMI cables cost about $6.
HAH Noobs thats what the NAVIGATION SHI... aww damnit.
It's a word, he just didn't use it right.
So quit your clammering.