1) I encourage you to not use the word "you" too blatantly; it makes it seem like I am at fault for all of this. Try "one" instead. I mean I don't have a failing economy, my country does (though it's not really my country, but that's beside the point).
2) My needs and wants are mine and mine only. I am also an atheist. I think that you need to understand that generalizing a society is a pathetic excuse to condemn people that you don't truly understand (aka the individual).
3) My comment was satirical.
4) Yes, I am OP. And yes, I did finally care enough to make an account...
5) Also, I believe your whole argument ignores the fact that modern society is based upon forced manipulation into conformity caused by the want of individuals to feel like they belong. The media (such as this site) is a strong catalyst for this. It's true but that's enough cynicism today.
6) Eh, defense drones exist/are being used currently, and I also think that your views are too idealistic. Although I do commend you for them, it will take quite a while for peace within humanity. I actually hope that a major incident involving drones occurs, resulting in their being labeled as a taboo (such as atomic bombs). Hopefully that could even help everyone see that this is pointless. Memento mori.
But seriously, I think you are very offensive.