The study, aptly entitled "The Emperor's New Security Indicators", is available online.The idea is that if customers do not see their image, they could be at a fraudulent Web site, dummied up to look like their bank's, and should not enter their passwords. The Harvard and M.I.T. researchers tested that hypothesis. In October, they brought 67 Bank of America customers in the Boston area into a controlled environment and asked them to conduct routine online banking activities, like looking up account balances. But the researchers had secretly withdrawn the images. Of 60 participants who got that far into the study and whose results could be verified, 58 entered passwords anyway. Only two chose not to log on, citing security concerns.
This is TC
I can't believe that there isn't a "google" topic...
Anyway. I've added google adsense ads to my book review site. The basic idea is that google already know what my page is all about, so it will be able to intelligently target ads at my site.
I seems to work - to some degree. My front page has some okay links at the moment:
* Free Sci-Fi News
* SF&F First Editions
* Free Reading Group Guides
* Robert Sheckley's Books
Okay. I wiped the mandrak createde partitions, with Partition magic, thinking that I would start from scratch.
I moved the old "media" partition about a bit and made a bit more free space for Mandrake to gob up.
Took Partition magic about four hours to do.
After which my machine couldn't find the boot thing on my main drive (which shouldn't have been touched at all!). Strangely enough it found some strange Novell thing (which didn't get far).
So I decide to give installing something a try.
After reading a bit on distrowatch.com I decide for a mandrake distro. The three CD set seems to have a fair amount of application and a fair level of newbiee friendlyness.
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps. The goal of nature is to build better mice.