Ok I am a total geek.
I have been in to Science, computers and electronics since I was 4.
I am also a former cop, and yes I said former, blew out my foot mountain biking off duty.
I was a cop in the Air force and a campus cop.
Oh and I a a weapons geek.
So here is the deal.
Not all cops are bad, some are really great stand up guys.
But some are complete a$$hats, then again for over 15 years I have worked in the computer world, and there are a lot of a$$hats there too.
The big difference is: cops have guns, and they are held to a higher standard.
And a few bad cops can give all cops a bad name, and a bad cop is far worse then the people they put away.
Because they have broken the trust we have placed in them.
When you become a cop and put on that badge a few things should happen.
1. You make a promise to yourself and society that you will risk your life for others.
2. You will not shirk away from danger.
3. You will serve and protect the people in your jurisdiction.
4. You will always uphold the sprit of the law.
5. You will always pursue justice for the people you serve.
6. You will do your best to make sure the guy you arrest is guilty, and not screw up the bust.
7. You will not abuse your authority, or take a bribe
8. You will always use your head, and think on your feet.
9. You will never fire your weapon in an unsafe manor or situation.
10. You only shoot your firearm as a last resort.
11. You always show everyone respect to the best of your ability.
12. You will always be vigilant, and not brake the law yourself.
If you can't do those things turn in your badge, your not a good cop.