A. No succinct questions, no succinct answers.
B. The single definition here : http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/...
Doesn't even mention the ingested material to be a meaning of "homeopathy".
C. This might help : the very fact that there *is* no substance is one of the things to understand when discussiing homeopathic medicine.
D. I don't think you understand how language, communication and words work. Evidence
1. Your initial claim about words not meaning what they are widely considered to mean.
2. Your initial claim and my reaction being about homeopathic medicine, but a lot of your subsequent discussion being about homeopathy.
3. Wrongly interpreting me to be saying voodoo magic works, multiple times.
4. Your incorrect uses of phrases like "homeopathic substances" and "adding placebo effect" could be a language problem, language theory problem, or lack of clarity on the subject matter. But they are the reasons i don't dabble into the worse ones among your analogies.
5. Your lack of follow up on my further questions on your definition of characteristic even after a reminder could mean you don't understand that within a single dictionary meaning there could be ways in which a word has a meaning in a particular context. Or it could mean you don't care, not sure.
5a. In this post again you pretend to have given a complete definition of characteristic, so my guess is more about your ignorance of subtleties.
Yes, English, Romance languages, Germanic languages have subtle connotation differences. So people might think they know multiple of these languages and yet get tripped up on these subtleties. But completely ignoring the existence of these subtleties after my multiple attempts to highlight them disqualifies you from 2 things :
1. Making claims about what autopilot means
2. My participation in your faulty parables, after i highlight the fault in the parables.
Some of my best friends don't understand how language works. I don't broach the subject with them, but i do answer their questions on related subjects without much hope of getting through.