Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Essential Phone will ship next week, shortly after breaking 1B valuation

cloud.pt writes: Andy Rubin's Essential Phone will be releasing next week according to 9to5google, just shy from its initial June mark. The company has been speculated to be worth around $1.2B, after giant Foxconn filling yesterday for a 0.25% acquisition at around 3 million dollars — clearing unicorn status as it hasn't shipped a single unit at the time.

According to Engadget, future and existing pre-orders will have a chance to switch to the Pure White version of the slab, despite initial shipments being scheduled to be of the Black Moon variety. Essential's site storefront orders will get the device unlocked, while the only parties offering the device will initially be Sprint, and rumor has it also Amazon as it invested in the company through its Alexa fund. No matter the contract attached, it will come with the full range of network capabilities unlocked.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Essential Phone will ship next week, shortly after breaking 1B valuation

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...