Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Television

Submission + - BBC strikes YouTube deal

An anonymous reader writes: BBC News reports on a deal it has struck with YouTube to show clips of BBC shows in exchange for a portion of ad revenue. Three special BBC channels will contain clips of popular Beeb shows like Doctor Who, as well as segments from archived shows and news videos. Of particular note is the attitude of the BBC director for Future Media and Technology with regards to the copyrighted material that already exists on YouTube: it won't be hunted down. "We don't want to be overzealous," he says. "A lot of the material on YouTube is good promotional content for us."

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...