Rigabov writes: "In the coming months, the 110th Congress will be faced with decisions on issues ranging from surveillance, to online censorship, to consumer privacy that will have a lasting impact on the Internet. The Center for democracy and technology has 26 suggestion to help the Congress face those tough policy challenges. Here are the recommendations are at a glance, and here you may read the full report.
- Congress Should Not Prevent Minors from Using Blogs and Social Networking Sites
- Congress Should Enact Strong Data Breach Legislation
- Congress Should Establish Strong Privacy Protections for Information Sharing for Counter-terrorism Purposes
- Congress Should Monitor Developments in the Broadband Market
- Congress Should Adopt Electronic Filing of Campaign Finance Reports