redletterdave writes: A 30-year-old Chinese man has been in a coma for the last 10 days after getting shocked while charging his iPhone. The electrocution was believed to be caused by an unauthorized third-party iPhone charger, where the low quality of the capacitor and circuit protector caused the capacitor to break down and send 220 volts of electricity directly into the cell phone battery.
DEAL: For $25 - Add A Second Phone Number To Your Smartphone for life! Use promo code SLASHDOT25. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! ×