Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Dutch bill seeks to give law enforcement hacking powers (itworld.com)

An anonymous reader writes: The Dutch government today presented a draft bill that aims to give law enforcement the power to hack into computer systems — including those located in foreign countires — to do research, gather and copy evidence or block access to certain data.

Law enforcement should be allowed to block access to child pornography, read emails that contain information exchanged between criminals and also be able to place taps on communication, according to a draft bill published Thursday and signed by Ivo Opstelten, the Minister of Security and Justice. Government agents should also be able to engage in activities such as turning on a suspect's phone GPS to track their location, the bill said.

Opstelten announced last October he was planning to craft this bill.

This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Dutch bill seeks to give law enforcement hacking powers

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...