Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - 19-Yr-Old Develops Ocean Cleanup Array That Could Remove 7.3M Tons of Plastic (inhabitat.com)

formaggio writes: 19-year-old Boyan Slat has unveiled plans to create an Ocean Cleanup Array that could remove 7,2500,000 tons of plastic waste from the world’s oceans. The device consists of an anchored network of floating booms and processing platforms that could be dispatched to garbage patches around the world. Instead of moving through the ocean, the array would span the radius of a garbage patch, acting as a giant funnel. The angle of the booms would force plastic in the direction of the platforms, where it would be separated from plankton, filtered and stored for recycling.
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

19-Yr-Old Develops Ocean Cleanup Array That Could Remove 7.3M Tons of Plastic

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...