Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Portrait of a Superproductive Programmer (softwarequalityconnection.com)

Esther Schindler writes: "Hollywood portrayals of computing superstars are more rooted in comic-book super-heroics than the realities of software development. Except that in programming, superpowers do exist. As Cameron Laird explains, Fabrice Bellard has them. Bellard is "a serial achiever," responsible for well over a dozen open source tools (such as TinyCC Boot Loader) and computer science/math OhBoy moments (he set world record for calculation of the digits of pi in 2009). This article gives an overview of Bellard's work and contemplates what makes one programmer so much more productive than another."
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Portrait of a Superproductive Programmer

Comments Filter:

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...