CWmike writes: "Contradicting Apple, which maintains it has not rejected Google's Voice application in its App Store for iPhones, Google has asked the FCC to make public a section of a letter that had been previously redacted, explaining that several organizations had filed Freedom of Information Act requests asking to see the text that was previously omitted from the public version. According to Google, it outlines that Apple rejected Google Voice on July 7, when Google's senior vice president of engineering and research, Alan Eustace, spoke with Philip Schiller, Apple's head of marketing, in a telephone call. "It was during this call that Mr. Schiller informed Mr. Eustace that Apple was rejecting the Google Voice application," said Google's letter to the FCC, which launched a probe into the matter last month. Google also noted that discussions between the companies lasted most of July, starting July 5 and ending July 28. "In a series of in-person meetings, phone calls, and e-mails
... Apple and Google representatives discussed the approval status of the Google Voice application that was submitted on June 2, 2009," Google told the FCC on Friday."