Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
DEAL: For $25 - Add A Second Phone Number To Your Smartphone for life! Use promo code SLASHDOT25. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 internet speed test! ×
It's funny.  Laugh.

Submission + - Pirates 'ignore' warning letters (bbc.co.uk)

Daemonax writes: The BBC reports that legal firm 'Wiggin' (no relation to Ender) have released their findings from a survey conduct with 1,500 UK consumers on how likely they are to continue 'piracy' after certain measures are taken. They found that 33% would stop if they received a letter from their ISP and 80% would stop if the letter were followed by actions such as cutting their internet connection. One does have to wonder how the remaining 20% would keep going with their internet connection cut. That their numbers are not based upon data gathered from real tests who would take this seriously?
This discussion was created for logged-in users only, but now has been archived. No new comments can be posted.

Pirates 'ignore' warning letters

Comments Filter:

May Euell Gibbons eat your only copy of the manual!

Working...