Miata's differential has been installed! It wasn't easy, but it was easier than I thought it would be. Manuevering 80lbs of bulky metal to a position 2 feet above the ground while on one's back under one's car is difficult. Even when using a cheap hydraulic jack.
In the meantime it seems I've got something in my eye, which is driving me nuts.
In addition to reinstalling the differential, I've resintalled everything I had to take apart to initially remove it. I was qutie impressed that I spent a minimal amount of time crawling around the garage floor looking parts. As to what goes where, I was a bit worried about finding all the right bolts for the right parts, but that seems to work itself out... When actually putting it back together, it becomes fairly obvious what bolt goes with what. I was just beginning to wonder since I had no idea what went with what by looking at the enormous tupperware container full of them.
I'm not homefree yet, I still must reinstall the timing belt and all associated covers. Completetion of this task depends on waiting for (yet another) shipment from Mazda South containing the tensioner and idler pulleys... which I didn't realize needed replacing until a few days ago. Which is better than a few days after I put it all back together, I suppose.
Argh.. me eye is troubling me. That's all for now, then.