By now you've heard of that crazy Discovery Channel hostage taker James J. Lee and you're probably aware that his big plan was to hold hostages until Discovery put him in charge of their fall lineup. And he was not a big fan of Kate Plus 8.
As soon as I read he was anti-baby and concerned for the environment (let alone had written a manifesto), I wondered if the right wing hate machine would use this incident to make their enemies out to be homeless hostage-takers. It seemed like the kind of tragedy that would get the pulse racing for some of bloggers on the right-wing fringe at least. But would they really stoop that low? I kind of figured they would. Sure enough, many did:
- Another Lefty Killer
- ECO-TERRORISM? Gunman who took hostages at Discovery Channel inspired by Al Gore
- Eugenicist Gunman Exposes Dark Side of the Environmentalist Cult
- The Discovery Attacker: A True Green Believer
- James J. Lee, Hostage-taker and Darwinist
The crazy Mr. Lee was a right-winger himself. He is to the right of Jan Brewer on anti-immigration. He raged against "filthy anchor babies" in his manifesto:
Immigration: Programs must be developed to find solutions to stopping ALL immigration pollution and the anchor baby filth that follows that. Find solutions to stopping it. Call for people in the world to develop solutions to stop it completely and permanently. Find solutions FOR these countries so they stop sending their breeding populations to the US and the world to seek jobs and therefore breed more unwanted pollution babies. FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THEM TO STOP THEIR HUMAN GROWTH AND THE EXPORTATION OF THAT DISGUSTING FILTH! (The first world is feeding the population growth of the Third World and those human families are going to where the food is! They must stop procreating new humans looking for nonexistant jobs!)
You see how the game works? You can just pick one part of the crazy and ignore the other.
Witness the flawless reasoning that powered the 8 Bush years, the greatest economic and military era in American History:
- When anti-abortion activists systematically murder people, only an evil conspiracy could blame open calls to systematically murder those people.
- When right-wing militias plot to murder cops, only an evil conspiracy could blame direct appeals for violence by elected GOP reps.
- Since you're never going to watch An Inconvenient Truth (or even if you have), if I tell you it's as bad as the Nuremburg Files, you'll believe me.
- If you call immigration "pollution" and foreign babies "disgusting filth," you're obviously the first of Al Gore's many violent disciples.
- Because sticking crazy people on your political opponents is just good clean fun.
- By the way, did you know Al Qaeda hopes to end our nation's secular democracy, and make it a religious state, just like the Republican Party?