- Favourable tax system for Monaco Citizens
- Live in Protected environment
- Outstanding place with Nice International airport 30 minutes by car/10 minutes by helicopter
- Mediterranean Climate
- Global environment
- Company friendly
- English widely spoken
- The Cote d'Azur and Italy on the doorstep
The best ways to make an application for Monaco Residency
To acquire Monaco Residency there are certain requirements for each candidate to fulfil. The requirements for making an application for residency in Monaco are as follows:
- Establish a bank account in Monaco
- Each candidate (or couple) will certainly need to deposit adequate funds for the bank to then provide the needed bank attestation (letter) to verify that the account holder(s) has sufficient funds to support themselves whilst residing in Monaco.( unless the candidate for residency has a valid work agreement provided by a regional Monaco business). The banks have differing requirements for this varying from EUR 100,000-EUR 1 million per applicant ( grownup).
Relocation Monaco are an approved Relocation Services provider by the Monaco Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development. Relocation Monaco are based in Monaco, their website has lot of information reaarding residency in monaco as well as general Monaco banking and property advice.
Rent or buy a home in Monaco
If renting the lease needs to be for a minimum of YEAR and have sufficient bed rooms to accommodate the variety of persons using. For example, in order for this to qualify for Monaco residency, a couple needs to lease a one bed room apartment at least and for a family of four a minimum if 2 bed rooms. This lease is usually automatically at the end of each lease period.
Each applicant needs to supply a police certificate stating that each adult applicant does not hold a criminal record in the origin country where they have resided throughout the previous five years. In Monaco an grownup is any one over the age of sixteen years of age for this purpose. This certificate must not be more than three months old at the time of application for the residency.
In addition, the following files should be submitted for each applicant when getting Monaco residency.
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Marital relationship certificate(s)
- Any previous divorce certificate (or death certificate if the candidate has a spouse who is deceased.)
- The Police certificate as above
- The registered lease for the Monaco house
- The new electrical power contract for the Monaco apartment
- The official Monaco residency application completed and properly signed
- Health report for applicants of 70 years and over
To finish the Monaco residency procedure, an main residency interview will be organized throughout which all the needed documents are sent. Following this the Monaco residency application will certainly be processed and authorized. This will certainly take approximately eight weeks for EU passport holders and sixteen - twenty weeks for non EU passport holders as they have to first apply for a special Visa from the French Embassy in their country of residence which once authorized and issued (up to sixteen weeks) will certainly then allow the applicant to finish the Monaco formalities within three-four weeks, when the residency card will be provided also referred to as the Carte de Sejour).
The requirements for obtaining Monaco residency are reasonably simple and as long as the applicant can supply all the required documents, then there is no general reason why the applicant ought to not be given Monaco Residency and receive theirs Monaco citizen's card.
The first Monaco residency card will certainly be provided for a period of twelve months after which this card have to be renewed. The card is called a Monaco carte de resident temporaire and is renewed each year for the first three years. In then 4th year of constant Monaco residency the holder then will be issued with a three year card, referred to as the Monaco Carte de resident ordinaire. These cards stand for three years and have to be renewed at expiration. In year 10, the holder of a Monaco residency may obtain a carte Privilege which is given at the discretion of the Monaco authorities. This is not instantly given and if not provided the candidate will certainly remain to get the 3 year Monaco resident's card.
The cost of obtaining residency in Monaco really lies in the expense of renting an apartment added to the general cost of living in Monaco. Unlike other countries offering residency programs, applying for residency in Monaco does not require the applicant to "invest" a defined amount of money in Monaco nor is it required to buy a home as a leasing is sufficient.
It is a really favourable place to become a citizen and delight in the many advantages which becoming a citizen of Monaco gives.