At this point, I have implemented, with one notable exception, all of the features MaraDNS 2.0 should have. The one and only feature I plan on still implementing is full recursion for the Deadwood engine.
The following roadmap is completely speculative; I might decide to stop MaraDNS development and only provide basic bugfix support for MaraDNS/Deadwood:
- Implement recursion for Deadwood, and release this as Deadwood 3.0 (Deadwood 2.0 will still be supported as the Deadwood 2.3 branch for people who need a very small program on embedded devices or a high-performance DNS load balancer)
- Release MaraDNS 1.3.15.01 which will be MaraDNS 1.3.14 with bugfixes applied.
- Release MaraDNS 2.0.01, which will be MaraDNS 1.3.15.01 with Deadwood 3.0, and all the old recursive code torn out.
- Announce EOL timeline for MaraDNS 1.3.07.XX
- Not implement any new features for MaraDNS for a period of six months or longer after 2.0.01 is released