The team at OpenPandora have opened up 3000 pre-order slots - better hurry up before they're all gone!
If you've no idea what the Pandora is, it's a handheld gaming console that runs linux, and is powerful enough to handle games like Quake III comfortably. Here are the basic specs:
- ARM® Cortex(TM)-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
- 430-MHz TMS320C64x+(TM) DSP Core
- PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
- 800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
- Wifi 802.11b/g, Bluetooth & High Speed USB 2.0 Host
- Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV output
- Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
- 43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
- Around 10+ Hours battery life
I've placed my pre-order already - I think it's time to dust off the old OpenGL books!