Mentioned my slashdot habit to the wife. Big mistake. I keep telling her that this is important research, keeping up to date with issues of burning importance, but she insists I'm frittering my day away. That's women for you...
Of course what I'm really frittering my day away doing is
- replying to emails that don't really need answers
- Reorganising my filing system
- Reorganising my email folders
- Setting up filters to reorganise my email folders
- Trying to work out where all my email has been filed by the filters
And so on. Which is not actually wasted time at all, it's an investment for the future. Honest.