In the long lead up to the US Presidential Elections, there is something that I'm curious about.
How do slashdotters (and particularly conservative slashdotters) feel about Apple's overt and unequivocal support for the Democrats? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, consider the following:
- Jobs has Contributed ¼ of a million dollars to the Democrats in the last 10 years.
- During the last election. John Kerry had Steve Jobs' personal support and friendship, including Jobs' offering himself in the position of technical/PR advisor to the Kerry campaign.
- Jobs has had the Clintons over to his house for an intimate dinner. The Clinton's returned the favor, inviting Jobs to stay a night in the White House's Lincoln bedroom, a privilege granted to big party donors.
- Al Gore (Prominent Democrat, environmentalist & former vice president of the US) sits on Apple's board.
- Steve Jobs organised a fund raiser for Hilary Clinton at his Palo Alto home.
Has Apple's support for the Democrats changed your purchasing decisions?
Are you more or less likely to buy Apple knowing that a non-trivial percentage of your hard earned dollars are going to make there way into Democrat campaign funds?