I finally broke down and subscribed to Netflix. I've been a "paying" member for about two weeks. That's added to their 2-week trial membership.
So far, I'm very pleased with the service. I'm impressed with their turn-around-time and surprised that the DVDs aren't scratched up beyond use by the time I get them.
- Cheaper than local rental (which is around $4/movie)
- Cheaper than PayPerView (around $4)
- Huge selection
- Haven't come across a movie yet that is "rented out"
- Regular trips to the local MailBox/PostOffice
- Anxiety that a movie will get "lost" in the mail
- Anxiety that when something HAPPENS that requires I speak with 'customer service' that it will be a nightmare
For me, the benefits out-way the hassles.
For the record, We got 8 movies over 1 month. At that rate, the cost is $1.25/movie.